Even as you watch the NFL games, which are very exciting by the way, you notice the amazing excitement and momentum. As the game continues the players start to settle in and the game goes on as usual until a great play is made or a touchdown is completed.
At that point the excitement rises up and momentum is fired up again. This does not only happens with the players but also with the fans in the stadium and with you as you watch the game at home.
Well this is the same situation you may experience as you start to work your business. There is a lot of excitement in the beginning, tons of motivation going and you get to work with the “eye of the tiger.”
But then something starts to happen as time goes by and things start to get a little monotonous. You may start to get a little low on motivation; things start to get a little stale. You might find yourself putting things off here and there.
Occasionally you get a new team member, you make some sales, and you get that excitement back. But then it goes away because it may not be as consistent as you would like it to be. Or perhaps you haven’t had any success yet.
So how do you keep that motivation going for the distance? Here are some ideas that may help you if you are starting to experience those situations:
- Have attainable goals. By doing this you are not setting yourself up for disappointment which could lead to feeling less motivated to continue. That doesn’t mean to go easy but give yourself something you can reach with a certain amount of time. Let say talk to 5 or 10 people a week about your business opportunity. That is attainable.
- Re-evaluate your plan of action. If you are putting too much on yourself on a daily basis you may start to feel overwhelmed. Maybe start with 1 or 2 things to get proficient in. once you could handle that, work on adding more to your plate. Remember you are in a building process.
- Freshen up some things. Try something new to spice things back up. Try a new strategy especially if you are working on one that is not producing what you expect. It's like beating a dead horse; you're not going to get anywhere fast.
- Talk to your up line for some words of encouragement. Your up line may not know how you are truly feeling about your motivation. Believe me they want you to stay motivated. This is how we produce results. They should have some more ideas or tips they can recommend to you. I’m sure if they are successful they are oozing with motivation. That’s the type of people you want to surround yourself with.
- Get motivational DVD, books, or cd's. They help out a great deal but you have to listen to them and read them. Don’t let them collect dust. If you listened to them once then do it again, you might have missed something. Many of the top producers will tell you get your hands on all the motivational materials you can. They do it and why shouldn’t you?
- This one is a biggie, STAY AWAY FROM NEGATIVE PEOPLE! This is a business that you will need to have tough skin because you may experience some rejection as you work on improving your skills. Negative people will only make that process of getting better that much more difficult.
- Continue to educate yourself. As the old saying goes, knowledge is power. That does not only apply to business or earning a degree but life as a whole. If you read the bible, take a look at the book of proverbs. It talks about knowledge, wisdom and the ultimate riches and freedom it provides if you pursue it. Education is a life long process. Get your hands on all the materials available such as trainings, webinars, conference calls, videos, etc.
Try these tips if you are starting to get stagnant or not feeling “it.” If you have decided to continue your mlm business for the duration, then work on changing things up and keeping it fresh.
Keep those reasons as to why you're doing it posted on the wall and work on your motivation on a daily basis. It has to be a constant exercise and your mindset has to be resilient.
Stay focus on your plan and goals. Think of it as a long term investment and you will be able to cash in when it matures. And you will be cashing in big time.
I hope that you have found this post to be helpful. Please leave a comment below.
Image: graur razvan ionut / FreeDigitalPhotos.net